The ConocoPhillips Besh Cup Race Series is the premier cross country skiing competition series in Alaska. Each of the six races in the series draws approximately 300 entries from all parts of the state.
Results in Besh Cup races are used to select the Alaska Teams to the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) Junior Olympic National Championships (JO’s), as well as the biennial, international Arctic Winter Games (AWG).
The Besh Cup trophies are awarded to the top junior male and junior female in the series. In addition, Cross Country Alaska awards medals to the series winners in each of the age-classes.
For more information including registration, visit CCAK Races Website
2020-21 Besh Cup Schedule
Besh Cup 1 & 2 December 19-20, 2020, Anchorage, Kincaid Park
Besh Cup 3 & 4 January 16-17, 2021, Mat-Su/Government Peaks Rec Area
Besh Cup 5 & 6 January 30-31, 2021, Fairbanks, Birch Hill
Besh 1 & 2
Race Schedule & Full Mitigation Plan coming soon!
- Masks will be required by all individuals at the venue all times, including during the race.
- 6 ft physical distancing is mandatory for all individuals not in the same household
- NSAA will provide sanitizer for users; frequent use is encouraged.
- No indoor facilities are available
- Fenced start and finish areas are for athletes and officials only
- Do not congregate in the Stadium
- Athlete support individuals (parents/guardians/siblings) there to help an athlete with transportation should plan on not being in the stadium. Please limit athlete support individuals to two per athlete at most, one is preferable.
Prior to Event
- All racers must register online prior to the Wednesday at 5pm before the event
- No day of race registration allowed
- All racers must fill out the COVID Questionnaire available online (link to be distributed). QR code placards will be available at the venue to fill it out on your smart device
Arrival at the Event
- Please arrive approximately 60 minutes before your start time with just enough time to get your bib, warm up, test wax, and race,
- Parking is available in both the Chalet and Lower Parking areas.
- If you are affiliated with a club, bibs will be given to a club coach for distribution.
- If you are not affiliated with a club, bib pickup will be behind the scoreboard. One way traffic from North to South as shown on the stadium map
- Please do not congregate or mingle in the stadium. Athletes should be warming up, racing, or cooling down.
Before your Start
- Warm up should be done off the race course.
- Place your warm up clothes on the provided fencing or the ground separate from other racers’ warm ups.
- In the start area please keep physical distancing. There will be markers for where racers should stand prior to their start
- Be fast and have fun!
After your Race
- Please refrain from laying down in the finish area. We know it was a hard race, but please spend as little time as you can in the finish area.
- Keep your paper bib for posterity.
- Grab your warm ups and go for a cool down.
- Depart the venue as soon as you are cooled down.
- Waxing areas are assigned in the stadium maps to the larger clubs
- Club waxing areas are in the southern portion of the stadium or above the tunnel
- Club waxing areas are available in the southern portion of stadium, or near the sign by the lower parking area