Ski 4 Kids Grants
The secondary objective of Ski 4 Kids is to purchase equipment for the Municipality of Anchorage Outreach Program. In years when the program has sufficient equipment for the needs grants are awarded to schools and programs to purchase ski equipment. Grant applications are due March 15,2017.
- Individual grant amounts are generally between $500 and $2500. Total number of grants awarded varies depending on funds raised.
- Funds may only be used for the purchase of cross country skis, bindings, boots or poles (no indirect or administrative expenses).
- Grant application must be approved by the school principal.
- Application deadline: March 15
- Grant awards announcements are made April 30th
- Grants funds are disbursed directly to the vendor for the equipment purchases.
- Grant recipients will be required to submit a report showing how funds were spent and photos of skiers in action.
Grant Priorities – Funding Preference:
- Schools that have participated in the Outreach program during the previous school year will be given preference.
- Schools that have a source of matching funds (ASEF, PTSA, School Business Partners, or private donations) will be given preference.
- Schools that have not had prior grants will be given preference.
- Schools awarded funds will recognize Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage as a school business partner.
- Grant applications may be submitted as follows:
- Hand delivered or mailed: Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage
- 203 W. 15th Ave, #204, Anchorage, AK 99501
- Emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed: 258-7609
- Applications Due: March 15, 2017
- Grant awards announced: April 30, 2017
Past Equipment Grant Program Recipients:
|Spring Hill Elementary||$1,018|
|Wendler Middle School||$2,500|
|Chugach Optional Elementary||$500|
|Spring Hill Elementary||$1,000|
|Fire Lake Elementary||$1,000|
|Central Middle School||$1,750|
|Mirror Lake Middle School||$1,000|
|Spring Hill Elementary||$2,500|
|Bartlett High School||$2,000|
|Chester Valley Elementary||$1,250|
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 907-276-7609