NSAA Photo Contest
Thank you to the NSAA Photo Contest Sponsor, Alaska Mountaineering & Hiking!
2017-18 Contest Winners!
1st: Dave Ward “Nats Jr 10k Cl Gong Hill Climb”
2nd: Jennifer Aist “West High Donley Climbing the Hill”
3rd: Mason Wick “All Aboard the APU Train”
1st: Elizabeth Knapp “Winter Wonderland”
2nd: Eric Parsons “Billy Finley at Mt. Wake, AK Range”
3rd: Steve Rieger “Winter Light, Independence Mine”
Kids on Skis
1st: Eric Parsons “Kicking Up Snow”
2nd: Mason Wick “Sadie Bjornsen passing on the joy of skiing”
3rd: Tyler Dann “Learning to Kick and Glide”
1st: Mason WIck “Fresh Corduroy on Lekisch Trail”
2nd: Jeremy Hinshaw “Hillside Early Morning Groom”
3rd: Dick Mize “Morning Ski”
Fun Ski Events
1st: Elizabeth Knapp “Ski Train!”
2nd: Scott Broadwell “Alaska Ski for Women”
3rd: Elizabeth Knapp “Sun Bathing”
1st: Jeremy Hinshaw “Multiuse with Lola”
2nd: Andy Kubic “Growing Family Travel”
3rd: Scott Broadwell “Skiing into the Kincaid Stadium”
Grand Prize: Jeremy Hinshaw “Skiing Back to Rabbit Lake”
All photo submissions must include a 2018 Photo Contest Application. Submissions without the application will not be judged.
2019 Photo Application – coming soon!
- Entry deadline is June 30, 2018
- The categories are: Racing, Touring/Backcountry, Jumping, Kids on Skis, Grooming/Groomed Trails, Biathlon, Fun Ski Events, and Recreational/Casual Skiing.
- Send digital photo files to: adminanchoragenordicski.com with “PHOTO CONTEST” in subject line.
- File format should be JPG and size should be between 0.05 MB and 5MB.
- Contest open to all Alaska Nordic ski club members. Entrants may submit 3 images per category.
- All photos submitted may be showcased on NSAA website, in the NSAA newsletter, on the NSAA Facebook page, in the NSAA calendar, and for any other NSAA promotional materials.
- Results to be announced on the NSAA website and published in the Nov. issue of Alaska Nordic Skier.
- Winning entries will receive prizes and will be featured in the annual NSAA calendar.
- Prizes awarded to First, Second, and Third Place winners in each category, as well as a Grand Prize overall winner.
- Basic enhancement of photos is allowed including cropping, minor color enhancement, and contrast or brightness. Obvious photo manipulation is not allowed including morphing, polarization, composite or multiple images.
- You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit, including ownership if applicable, other than those rights licensed in the next sentence. We will make every effort to credit your photo any time it is used.
- By submitting your photo to our NSAA Photo Contest, you hereby grant to NSAA (i) a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform the photographs you submit to NSAA, and (ii) the right to use your name, city, state, and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
Amber Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org (907-276-7609) for questions, concerns or comments.
Grand Prize Winner! 2017-18 contest: "Skiing into Rabbit Lake" © Jeremy Hinshaw
Grand Prize Winner! 2016-17 contest: "Sunny Tracks" © Nathan Jones
Grand Prize Winner! 2015-16 contest: "2016 High School T-Bird Classic" © Matt Johnson