NSAA Photo Contest
The 2019-20 NSAA Photo Contest is now open! The Submission Deadline is June 30, 2020. The contest is open to all Alaska Nordic ski club members and entrants may submit three images per category.
The categories are:
Prizes will be awarded to first, second and third place selections in each category, as well as a grand prize overall winner. Winners also will be featured in the annual NSAA calendar and in an issue of the Alaska Nordic Skier Newsletter.
Submit your Photos:
Deadline: June 30, 2020. File format should be JPG and size should be between .05 MB and 5 MB.
- Complete the Application
- Attach Photos (First time visitors and non-members will need to create a password. Once logged in you will see the 2020 Photo Contest Upload Button in the Information section)
NSAA Members will vote on photos in the Fall and winners will be announced at the NSAA Season Kick-Off Party.
- Deadline June 30, 2020
- Once this form submitted, login to the NSAA portal here to submit your pictures. First time visitors and non-members will need to create a password. Once logged in you will see the Upload File button on the first page.
- File format should be JPG and size should be between 0.05 MB and 5MB.
- Contest open to all Alaska Nordic ski club members. Entrants may submit 3 images per category.
- All photos submitted may be showcased on NSAA website, in the NSAA newsletter, on the NSAA Facebook page, in the NSAA calendar, and for any other NSAA promotional materials.
- Results to be announced on the NSAA website and published in the Nov. issue of Alaska Nordic Skier.
- Winning entries will receive prizes and will be featured in the annual NSAA calendar.
- Prizes awarded to First, Second, and Third Place winners in each category, as well as a Grand Prize overall winner
- Basic enhancement of photos is allowed including cropping, minor color enhancement, and contrast or brightness. Obvious photo manipulation is not allowed including morphing, polarization, composite or multiple images.
- You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit, including ownership if applicable, other than those rights licensed in the next sentence. We will make every effort to credit your photo any time it is used.
- By submitting your photo to our NSAA Photo Contest, you hereby grant to NSAA (i) a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform the photographs you submit to NSAA, and (ii) the right to use your name, city, state, and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Contact the NSAA Office at email@example.com or (907-276-7609) with questions, concerns or comments.
Thank you to the NSAA Photo Contest Sponsor, Alaska Mountaineering & Hiking!
2018-19 Contest Winners:
Overall Winner: Pure Joy (Ski 4 Kids 2019) by Jen Aist
1st: Joel Power in Soldotna, (Besh Cup 3)by Laarni Power
2nd: State HS Boys relay: Scramble Leg at Birch Hill by Laarni Power
3rd: Soldotna Besh Cup by Laarni Power
1st: A golden-glowing mine (Hatcher Pass) by Liam Hood
2nd: Anticipation: Waiting to drop in near Microdot (Hatcher Pass) by Adam Loomis
3rd: Skiing to Williwaw Lake by David Ward
Kids on Skis
1st: Mass start (Ski 4 Kids 2019) by Jen Aist
2nd: Finish strong! (Ski 4 Kids 2019) by Jen Aist
3rd: Junior Nordic Hawks by David Ward
1st: Enjoying the fresh corduroy (Hatcher Pass Mine) by Elizabeth Knapp
2nd: Skating on fresh snow by Kathleen Metcalfe
3rd: Lake Loop (Kincaid)by Kathleen Metcalfe
Fun Ski Events
1st: Frankie and Raylene (Ski 4 Kids 2019) by David Ward
2nd: NSAA; Solstice Tree Tour by Lissa Wright
3rd: Winning costume for East relay: Service Viking Ship by Laarni Power
1st: Know no limits (2019 Ski 4 Kids) by Jen Aist
2nd: Terri Pauls wears her best while doing tele turns by Joe Kurtak
3rd: Hillside M/W Hawks on Rovers Run in the early morning light by David Ward
1st: Young shooter (Ski 4 Kids 2019) by Jen Aist
2nd: Focus (Ski 4 Kids 2019) by Jen Aist
1st: A dragon taking flight by Addy Wright
2nd: Junior Nordic-er catching some air at AMH Cup by Addy Wright
3rd: U16 Team Alaska girls … Jumping! by Shannon Donley